IT TAKES TWO, INC is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization dedicated to enriching the lives of young people and increasing the opportunities of youth in Anne Arundel County, Prince George’s County, and the greater Washington, D.C. Metropolitan area. Our mission is to enhance the educational experiences for young people from single parent households by awarding scholarships to address a variety of basic as well as expansive educational needs. It is our goal to promote the significance of education, build self-awareness, and encourage our youth; ultimately creating tomorrow's leaders today.
Our vision is simple: to create tomorrow’s leader today, one community at a time.
In bringing the mission to fruition and the vision to reality, our objectives are:
· To mentor youth in our community;
· To sponsor youth programs;
· To provide guidance through mentoring;
· To develop strong academic and social/emotional skills in children 8 to 18;
· To award scholarships;
· To improve college access opportunities for middle and high school students;
· To develop leaders of tomorrow
In 2017, we will award five (5) to 10 scholarships to eligible Anne Arundel County, Baltimore City and County, and Prince George's County students to assist with back to school supplies, books, and uniforms as well as paying for school related extracurricular activities and school trips.
Tamika Kemp, Vice President
Andrea Jones, Secretary & Treasurer